Ismo Alanko and Kimmo Pohjonen team up for the new project pohjonen alanko. The focus is vocal experimentation and new sonic adventures with effects, samples and instrumentation. Third member of the team is sound designer and manipulator Tuomas Norvio.
Pohjonen Alanko release new music video by director and scriptwriter Klaus Welp. In the short film, three mysterious characters travel with moving and self-luminated platforms through the empty night of Helsinki. Primitive and almost non-sounding music carries the men along the empty streets between uninhabited blocks.
K-X-P is a rock trio consisting of Timo Kaukolampi and Tuomo Puranen of Op:l Bastards fame and Anssi Nykänen, a weathered session drummer. The main reference of their hypnotic music is krautrock from 40 years back, but they do throw in a few afrobeat rhythms, ominously cinematic keyboard sound walls, hippy Middle Eastern melodies and some dancey pulse. Kaukolampi’s idiosyncratic singing style has been sorely missed, although it comes only in small doses this time. Here and there you can also make out the distant breathy vocals of Norwegian pop princess Annie.
1. Lebanon Hanover – Gallowdance // 00:00
2. Vanishing Twin – Vanishing Twin Syndrome // 03:48
3. Essential Logic – Hiss and Shake // 07:22
4. Tricky – Black Steel // 12:32
5. Beck – Cellphone’s Dead // 18:09
6. Beck – Gimme // 22:53
7. Beastie Boys – Funky Boss // 25:18
8. Red Snapper – Lagos Creepers // 26:54
9. Bitchin Bajas – Water 3 // 32:37
10. DakhaBraka & Kimmo Pohjonen – Kluster-In tanzen liebe // 39:50
11. Noir Désir – L’Europe // 45:23